Banana Nut Bread
March 27, 2026
Anything just about with banana in it is good to me! I love banana pudding,
banana bread, banana in my cereal, you name it, I'm there! And I have a recipe
for banana nut bread below. It uses chocolate chips but you can use whatever
nuts you have on hand or leave them out altogether, you make the call!
Ingredients:
Parchment or wax paper
2 c. flour
1 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. ground
cinnamon
1/4 tsp. each ground nutmeg and salt
2 medium (1 cup) ripe bananas, mashed
2 eggs
1/3 c. oil
1/4 c. milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. chopped nuts
1/2 c. mini chocolate chips
Preparation:
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper or wax
paper extending paper up sides of pan; set aside.
Combine flour, sugar, baking
powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt on a sheet of parchment or wax paper; set
aside.
In a large bowl, combine bananas, eggs, oil, milk and vanilla extract.
Add dry ingredients to banana mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in nuts
and chocolate chips; pour into parchment lined-pan.
Bake 50 to 60 minutes or
until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pan. Use
edges of parchment to lift bread from pan onto a wire rack. Pull back edges of
parchment. Cool completely.
Makes 12 servings.



0 comments
I'd love to hear from you! Leave a sweet comment, emoji or just say HI! Thanks for visiting! Kim